Corporate Workplace Wellness Challenge
Here are some steps to creating an Active Corporate Workplace - Create Challenges and/ or an Opportunity for Engagement!
1. Recruit a Health & Wellness Committee
2. Create the Corporate Challenge or Activity
Decide if the challenge is between the individual employees or a team of employees to compete.
Define the category for the challenge for example:
- Physical Activity - 10,000 steps a day, mid-afternoon stretch in a boardroom, stake the stairs, walk at lunch, stand during lunch
- Nutrition - Drinking water vs. pop or juice, skip the food court and bring healthy lunch to work, fruit and vegetable Fridays or healthy snacks only at your desk
- General Health - Weight loss, attend a lunch and learn seminar on health related topics, only speak positive for the day
- Create Your Own - Brainstorm and create your own category
Pick the challenge and get ready to compete for bragging rights!
3. Incent for Participation
Encourage participation throughout entire organization. There are no limits to who can be involved, so be inclusive. Incent for participation
- Monetary - Sign up and receive your own health and wellness gift under $10.00 items with higher value (athletic socks, stretching bands, corporate branded water bottle), Gift certificate for local grocery store for healthier food or earn tickets for a grand prize draw entry.
- Non-Monetary - Set a goal for 80%+ participation = All company jean day
4. Reward for Effort and Success
- Monetary - Gift certificates from health partners and don't be afraid to ask your wellness and health partners to donate prizes.
- Non-Monetary - All company jean Friday, certificate/ medal and ceremony presentation to put the lunch room for individual or team bragging rights, decorate your office or cubicle to celebrate the winning employee or team
5. Have FUN and Create Another Challenge
Do not stop at one challenge, plan for the year! Reap the positive benefits associated with employee engagement.